Code Optimization


One of our client come to us with Performance issue, they have multiple plugins written on many OOB as well as in custom entities. They also approached to Microsoft for this. Microsoft recommended them to stop making call to crm webservice and retrieve only required columns.

Addition to these, I noticed some other points

  1. All plugins were deployed in debug mode instead of release mode.
  2. In every query they fetched all columns instead of fetching only required columns.
  3. In every plugin Image (Post/Pre) they included all fields instead of required columns.

So we I started development using Dynamic entity, fetching only specific columns and included only required fields in Images.

Awesome !!!  We found a great difference in Performance!!!!

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s