In my MS CRM 2011 Technical Interview Question Part -1 post, I got comments to write answers for interview question, so here is the first post for answers:
- Explain some new features in MS CRM 2011.
– There are many new featues in MS CRM 2011 like Enhanced UI,OOB Dashboard support,Auditing support,Field level security, Connections,Solution,Webresource, Role based Forms, refer: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg309589.aspx for more details.
- What are the different webservice available in MS CRM 2011.
– MS CRM 2011 have two webservices IOrganization Service, IDiscoveryService
- Which service can be used to access metadata information.
– We can use IOrganization Service to fetch metadata.
- What are the different ways to consume MS CRM webservice from client side?
– We can write Rest or Soap request to consume MS CRM 2011 webservices.
- Rest Vs Soap.
– Please refer: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg490659.aspx
- Difference between Dialog and Workflow.
– Dialogs are synchronous process and Workflows are asynchronous process.
– We can develop custom workflow, but can’t customize dialogs.
– Refer : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg309471.aspx
- What is Solution?
– Solution is a collection of MS CRM 2011 components that can be exported and imported easily from one CRM organization to another CRM organization.
- Difference between Managed and unmanaged solution.
– Managed solution can’t be customized, but can be uninstalled easily.
– Unmanaged solution can be customized, you can’t uninstall unmanaged solution.
– Refer : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg334576.aspx for more details
- Is it possible to register plugin through solution?
- What is field level security?
– Using field level security we can hide information based on user security role in MS CRM 2011. Refer : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg309608.aspx
- How can we use auditing in MS CRM 2011.
– Auditing can be configured easily through CRM UI. Refer: http://www.avanadeblog.com/xrm/2010/09/crm-2011-feature-of-the-week-9132010-auditing.html for more details on auditing.
I will cover rest of the question in my next post.