This a common question that we used to face during CRM training sessions, while we explain what are the OOB features in Dynamics CRM, so we thought of writing a quick blog on this. If you will try to search definition “out of box feature” in Wikipedia you will get below answer
An out of the box feature or functionality, particularly in software, is a feature or functionality of a product that works immediately after installation without any configuration or modification.
Every software provides some set of feature without any configuration and in the similar way Dynamics CRM provides you rich set of OOB features which is available without any customization and configuration, you can access these features as soon as you will setup your CRM on premise deployment or online account.
Following are the high level out of box features of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015
- Multiple deployment options (online, on premise and hosted
- Multiple client supports (web, outlook and mobile/tablet)
- Rich product develop platform capabilities (xRM)
- Packaging, versioning and Deployment support for your customization & extension
- Business entities to handle sales, marketing and service process.
- Capturing interaction with client using activities (email, phone call, custom..)
- User & Security management
- Business automation tools (workflow, dialogs, action, business process flow)
- Rich data management support (import/export, duplicate check, bulk delete)
- Integration support (Web service and SDK APIs)
- Reporting features (multiple reports available for all modules)
- Rich BI support (Dashboard and Charts)
- Integration with Outlook, Share Point, Yammer, Exchange, Social media, Lync & Skype
- Highly extendable
The other question that comes right after this – What we need to setup our infrastructure and install CRM server?? The simplest answer is we don’t really need to install CRM to enjoy these OOB features, you can simply setup online 30 days online trail which will setup a trial MS CRM 2015 online organization. But if you want to setup your own CRM server you can download Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 Implementation Guide, which will help you with complete step by step instruction to setup your own on premise server.