Are you trying to update mailbox record in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 on-premise and getting “Allow to use Credentials for Email Processing” field grayed out like below?? If yes then this post is going to help to enable this option.
“Allow to use Credentials for Email Processing” option under mailbox in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 allow us to store credentials to access email services, if we are using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 on-premise, we need to configure IFD to enable this options, but if you don’t want to configure IFD we have below workarounds to enable this open.
- By Enabling https binding
- By Using registry key
In this post we are going to discuss first option. We need a SSL certificate to bind with crm website. As we are using our demo VPC, so we have created a wild card certificate. Follow below steps to bind SSL certificate and configure https binding to crm website.
- Create a SSL certificate. (Please refer our earlier post to create wild card certificate.)
- Run IIS Manager.
- Select Microsoft Dynamics CRM website.
- Click on Bindings… under Action.
- Click on Add under Site Binding dialog.
- Select https from Type dropdown.
- Select your SSL certification under SSL certificate dropdown and keep other setting as default.
- Click Ok and Close.
- Navigate to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Deployment Manager.
- Select Microsoft Dynamics CRM and select Properties under Actions.
- Select Web Address table and click on HTTPS binding type.
- Change port with the port that we used in https binding under Step 7 (443 in our case) in all services.
- Click Ok to close and do IISRESET
Now navigate to mailbox record in crm, you should get “Allow to use Credentials for Email Processing” enabled.